La Garita Mountains Above 10000 Ft
Winter Weather Advisory
Statement as of 2:38 AM MST on December 07, 2013
... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect from 11 am this
morning to 5 PM MST Sunday...
A Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect from 11 am this
morning to 5 PM MST Sunday.
* Location... the La Garita Mountains above 10000 feet.
* Cause and timing... an upper level storm system will move
across The Rockies this weekend... bringing more cold air and
producing periods of moderate to heavy snowfall to areas along
the Continental Divide.
* Snow accumulation... 4 to 8 inches.
* Wind... west to southwest 15 to 30 mph with gusts around 40 mph
* Wind chill... 25 below to 40 below zero.
* Impact... hazardous travel conditions are expected due to a
combination of snow... blowing snow... poor visibilities and
icy... snow covered roads. In addition... extremely cold
temperatures and wind chill values are expected. Exposed skin
can freeze and hypothermia can occur in a matter of minutes.
Dress warmly and carry survival gear that includes blankets.
If you are planning to travel in the advisory area during the
time of the advisory... listen to the latest weather forecast and
consider traveling at another time or by another Route.