... Wind Chill Advisory remains in effect from 2 am to 10 am EST
* locations... northeast and southern Aroostook County... Penobscot
County... and interior Hancock and Washington counties.
* Hazard types... bitterly cold wind chills.
* Wind chill readings... 20 to 30 below zero.
* Timing... late Saturday night into Sunday morning.
* Impacts... frostbite and hypothermia are possible if not
dressed appropriately while outdoors.
* Winds... northwest 10 to 15 mph with gusts up to 30 mph.
* Temperatures... 0 to 10 below zero.
A Wind Chill Advisory means that very cold air and strong winds
will combine to generate low wind chills. This will result in
frost bite and lead to hypothermia if precautions are not taken.
If you must venture outdoors... make sure you wear a hat and
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Southern Piscataquis Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Wind Chill Advisory
Issued: 11:02 PM EST Feb. 12, 2016 – National Weather Service