...Winter Storm Warning remains in effect until 4 PM EST Saturday...
* locations...northwestern Maine down through the Central Highlands to coastal Hancock County.
* Hazard types...heavy snow. Significant blowing and drifting snow.
* Timing...snow will continue through Saturday morning. The heaviest snow is expected through tonight.
* Accumulations...snow accumulation of 8 to 12 inches.
* Impacts...snow...possibly heavy at times...will result in hazardous travel conditions. Blowing snow will result in poor visibility late tonight through Saturday evening. Large drifts of snow are also expected to develop Saturday into Saturday evening.
* Winds...north 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 40 mph.
* Temperatures...zero to 30 above zero.
* Visibilities...one quarter mile or less at times.
A Winter Storm Warning for heavy snow means severe winter weather conditions are expected or occurring. Significant amounts of snow are forecast that will make travel dangerous. Only travel in an emergency. If you must travel...keep an extra flashlight... food...and water in your vehicle in case of an emergency.