...Winter Storm Warning in effect from noon Wednesday to 9 am EST Thursday...
The National Weather Service in Caribou has issued a Winter Storm Warning for heavy snow...which is in effect from noon Wednesday to 9 am EST Thursday. The Winter Storm Watch is no longer in effect.
* Locations...along and southeast of a Houlton to Sherman to Millinocket to Dover Foxcroft line.
* Hazard types...snow. Snow may be mixed with rain at the onset downeast Wednesday afternoon and early evening before quickly changing to all snow.
* Snow accumulations...7 to 11 inches.
* Timing...Wednesday afternoon through Thursday morning.
* Impacts...high impact primarily for travel. The snow will start Wednesday afternoon. Keep this time in mind if traveling to or from to area. If your travel plans are at all flexible...make adjustments to arrive or leave early. The heaviest snow is expected late Wednesday afternoon through midnight.
* Winds...north 10 to 20 mph with gusts up to 35 mph...highest near the coast.
* Visibilities...down to one half mile in times in moderate snowfall.
* Temperatures...in the mid 20s to lower 30s.
A Winter Storm Warning for heavy snow means severe winter weather conditions are expected or occurring. Significant amounts of snow are forecast that will make travel dangerous. Only travel in an emergency. If you must travel...keep an extra flashlight... food...and water in your vehicle in case of an emergency.