... Winter Storm Warning remains in effect from 7 am Tuesday to
1 PM EST Wednesday...
* locations... North Woods... portions of the central Highland...
Central Aroostook and the St. John valley.
* Hazard types... snow... sleet and freezing rain
* accumulations... snow and sleet accumulations from 3 inches in
east central areas with 6 inches over the central Maine
Highlands to 7 to 10 inches across northern Aroostook County.
* Ice accumulations... around a trace.
* Timing... precipitation will begin Tuesday morning and continue
through Wednesday morning.
* Impacts... icing may create slippery Road conditions and
produce scattered power outages. Sleet will result in
difficult driving conditions.
* Winds... northeast 5 to 15 mph with gusts up to 25 mph.
* Visibilities... as low as one half mile at times tonight.
* Temperatures... in the upper teens Tuesday morning then rising
into the 20s on Tuesday.
A Winter Storm Warning means significant amounts of snow...
sleet... and ice are expected. This will make travel very
hazardous or impossible.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Southern Piscataquis Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Winter Storm Warning
Issued: 7:22 PM EST Jan. 23, 2017 – National Weather Service
Issued: 7:55 PM EST Jan. 23, 2017 – National Weather Service
... Gale Warning remains in effect until 11 am EST Tuesday...
* winds... northeast 20 to 30 kt with gusts up to 45 kt.
* Seas... 6 to 11 feet.
A Gale Warning means winds of 34 to 47 knots are imminent or
occuring. Operating a vessel in gale conditions requires
experience and properly equipped vessels. It is highly
recommended that mariners without the proper experience seek safe
Harbor prior to the onset of gale conditions.
- Abbot Village
- Atkinson Mills
- Barnard Corner
- Berrys Corner
- Boyd Lake
- Brownville Junction
- Burdin Corner
- Cole Corner
- Dover Foxcroft
- Dover South Mills
- Dunham Corner
- East Dover
- East Sangerville
- Edes Corner
- Gilman Corner
- Goffs Corner
- Greeleys Landing
- Guilford Center
- Howard Corner
- Huff Corner
- Jackman Corner
- Knights Landing
- Lake View
- Medford Center
- Mill Brook
- Monson Junction
- North Guilford
- Packard Landing
- Parson Landing
- Pingree Center
- Sebec Corners
- South Dover
- South Sebec
- Steadman Landing
- Upper Abbot
- West Dover